Passport Cuba Visa, tourist's card. Special-work-visas

As information to the traveler, our web site TheCubanHouses offers you this reference material about passports and visa procedure for traveling to Cuba. The requirements for the Special Visas, Visa for work, business, study and health matters. Journalists’ visa and Visa costs.
All citizens of any country can travel to our island without any impediment, including those who live in United States. It excludes persecuted persons by the international justice or mixed with illegal activities: terrorism, drug trafficking or other crimes.

Passport procedure
All travelers need a passport with 6 months validity at least, from the arrival date to our country. We recommend the visitor to confirm this information in the nearest Cuban consulate. The regulations about passports and visas procedure change with certain regularity.
People of Cuban origin, who have other countries nationality and left Cuba after 1970, must travel with a Cuban passport.
For traveling to Cuba you only need:
a) Passport in order, valid until 6 months at least, from the arrival date to the country.
b) Plane ticket (return ticket).
c) Tourist’s card or visa.

How is it possible to get visa or tourist’s card for traveling to Cuba?
Visa or tourist’s card is delivered to foreigners who visit the country as tourists or for pleasure trips. It can be sold by tourist or travel agencies credited at the Consulate of Cuba. You can also get it in Cuban consulates and embassies in your origin countries. It covers a maximum of 30 days of stay in the Cuban territory and it could be extended at the migratory authorities in our country up to 30 days maximum. This arrangement should be done personally in the Migration offices in Havana or in the Cuban city where you are. For the extension, you will have to pay approximately 25.00 CUC.
Visa or tourist’s card costs approximately 22.00 euros and business Visa costs approximately 55.00 euros depending on the country where you get it. Business travelers (except journalists, those who are present at conferences, those who wish to study in Cuba) need a different kind of visa. For getting this special type of visa, it is necessary to make a previous request at the commercial office of the Cuban embassy; once it has been approved, the visa will be given in the consulate.

Special visas
The Visa for journalists is granted if you are a professional from the press, television, radio or other publication and you travel to our country in order to do journalistic works, take pictures, make films, etc.
You should get a D-6 type visa in the Cuban consulate or embassy in your origin country and be properly credited in Havana International Press Center. If you are not going to do any professional work, you can use a normal tourist’s card.
If you travel because of business, work, study or health matters and your stay in our country lasts longer than two months, it is suitable that you get a special visa in the Cuban consulate of your origin country. In some cases, you can travel initially with a normal tourist’s card and once you are already in Cuba, the institution to which you will be related, can advise and help you to process a visa for a longer stay.